Since 1991, World Diabetes Day is marked every year on 14th November. It aims to promote the importance of coordinated and concerted actions to fight the disease. According to Diabetes UK, diabetes affects over 4.9 million people in the UK, with type 2 diabetes accounting for over 90% of cases. In addition, almost 1 million people are probably living with diabetes but haven’t yet been diagnosed, and over 13 million are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
The number of cases of type 2 diabetes is directly related to obesity rates. As the obesity rates have gone up, the number of people with diabetes has risen in parallel. And lifestyle, especially a sedentary lifestyle and a diet high in refined carbs and ultra-processed food, is the other area of huge importance. So, it is logical that two of the most important ways to fight the disease are weight loss and a change in lifestyle habits.
We need to act.
In diabetes, we need to get the blood sugar under control, so it would seem illogical to recommend a diet low in fat without cutting the carbs. Why not use a diet low in carbs, especially one that is low in refined carbs? Studies have shown that the ketogenic diet has benefits in diabetic patients, bringing down their blood sugar levels even as they reduce their antidiabetic medication. And if it is also low in fat, then it’s going to help with your weight loss as well.
So PronoKal’s very low calorie ketogenic diet is a win-win:
- Lose weight quickly and safely;
- Achieve quality weight loss: lose fat, not muscle;
- Get your blood sugar under better control and reduce antidiabetic medication;
- Reduce obesity-related inflammation and normalise your metabolism;
- Doctor and nutritionist control throughout the programme;
- Healthy lifestyle recommendations, with a tailored exercise programme and a personal trainer to guide you;
- Motivational support to help keep you on track;
- Dietary advice for long-term weight maintenance on a healthy balanced diet;
- Free follow-up for 2 years after you reach your target weight, to avoid putting the weight back on.
With PronoKal, you can get to a healthy weight faster and to stay there longer. Most patients who follow a keto diet cut down or even stop their antidiabetic medication. All this will reduce your risk of diabetic complications, such as heart disease, kidney disease, blindness, and other serious problems.
If you have diabetes or are worried that you are at risk, give us a call and find out how PronoKal can help you get back to health.